Monday 30 March 2015

Being Bold

Life is a second name to struggle and we all agree to this fact. Had the path been rosy, we wouldn't have to battle it out every day to make life better than yesterday. We all play our part designated to us so that final goal we have long planned for is achieved eventually. In the long run, we either arrive at the targeted destination or drift away in middle after getting distracted on prioritizing different things which might not have mattered when the dream was initially woven in mind. All we need to do is keep moving with constant change, suiting the scenario and adapting thusly.
I have found myself in dilemma about many decisions. Whenever I am at crossroads, I always have this fear of getting lost. Every time I chose one path, I always kept thinking about stuff I would miss on the other path. But again, I have no major complaints about how I have treaded my journey till date. If at all, given a chance to travel back in my past and alter some actions, I wouldn't have many on my list.
I must share a story of my life where I was doldrums and I couldn't figure out about my future. Pursuing my engineering degree in Mechanical from one of the most reputed colleges of India, I was in third year first semester. I had my friends planning their career with enthusiasm and painting a picture of their life ten years from then. Recession had just hit which had made the environment even gloomier. I was more of reckless guy who always liked to flow with the wind. That night of December 10 is completely unforgettable for me. The thoughtful conversations made me quit the room and forced me to go on the terrace. I simply sat down and tried to find any gloomy star just like me. Damn! They were all shining even brighter in that clear sky. I was among the brighter lot, not the brightest, though. After a good 1 hour meditated thoughts, I decided, I was going for GRE in material science.
I was so shaken concerning my future that I started preparing from the next day. Days passed by and I started inching towards the D-day of GRE. I was confident enough to crack it and crack it good. The result was no different. A score of 1540 out of 1600 wasn't easy but there it was. I was elated. Riding on cloud nine would have been an understatement. I was now about to enter final semester.
With an excellent GRE score I was sure to bag a premium college in the US. It was then that the seed of management and entrepreneurship was sown in the elective subject that I had chosen. What I had elected as a time-pass subject became the most important and interesting subject of my life. By the time I finished my engineering, I had decided to sit for CAT, despite having a score many would kill for.
Life had always been a matter of dictated terms for me till my engineering days. This time I wanted to do something different, something that interested me. By the end, I had understood that engineering in long run was not my cup of coffee. Quitting an MS degree for an uncertain MBA from India was a bold step in itself. But, I took it wholeheartedly. Two years of preparedness and yet not getting a seat in top management school always tempted me to get back on the GRE score and pursue MS. But, as they say – First step was already taken. There was no turning back.
I encountered this statement from Housing that taking a bold step to move ahead in life itself is the foundation stone for success. I kept this mantra in my mind to incessantly move forward. Finally the sweat paid its price and I ended up in one of the most prestigious colleges in management in India which is said to have produced the maximum number of CEOs in India.

Let me reiterate that there is always fun in taking the path that has the fragrance of the flower you admire and not the prince of that kingdom does. It takes time to reach there but the combination of perspiration and luck takes you there eventually. # StartANewLife #BeBold




No comments:

Post a Comment